 Space / 30202
Re: Grimlock MkII
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 12 Jan 2004 15:26:21 GMT

In lugnet.space, John Henry Kruer wrote:
Hey, Duane, this is quite nice!  You've improved a lot.  Cool.

I really like this.  A smooth, sleek, squat ship with tiles and a nice interior.
The bed is cool.  And I like the cargo compartment as well.  I see you've
crammed all you could into this ship!  :)  The greeblies in the engine room are
really superb.  NICE.

Thank you.

And the landing gear is cool, too.  We don't seem to see 'classic' landing gear
much, but I think that it works well here.

-JHK

The landing gear ate up about 1/2 of the development time on this thing. I
decided on the wheeled landing gear for the simple fact that this is a smaller
craft and it could be shuttled around a landing area. Why use hover technology
to move a craft when the good ol' wheel would work just as well?

I had initially tried using a micro motor to power the landing gear, but the
tyres rubbed on the gear wells too much and provided too much resistance for the
motor. I settled on connecting them to a single manual control wheel (the gear
you see exposed on the bottom) instead. Maybe next time I'll get the gear
motorized.

-Duane