 Space / 29368
  Ice Planet Returns

I have started to document what started out as fun and ended up as a florecent orange obsession. I've put together the Ice Planet Moonbase section 1 than followed it with some support vehicles, ships, speeders, mechs, giants and rockets (for (...) (21 years ago, 2-Dec-03, to lugnet.space, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build.mecha) !

  Re: Ice Planet Returns

(...) Gotta love those wheels! For some reason this part of the moonbase really struck my fancy. I love the wheel design and how it coordinates with that huge orange cockpit. Great work!! ~Mike (21 years ago, 2-Dec-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Ice Planet Returns

(...) Whoa! That IS a lot of Trans-Fluoro Orange! The sheer enormity of your TFO collection gives this one, on a scale of 1 to .Space, a two-thumbs-up! I have fond memories of the Ice Planet line because it was the on the trailing end of what some (...) (21 years ago, 2-Dec-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Ice Planet Returns

(...) I was just admiring this stuff on Brickshelf. (...) This is my favorite. The wheels look awesome and I love how the crew can exit from the drop-down ladder. I really like the Flare as well. -Grand Admiral .space Curator (URL) (21 years ago, 2-Dec-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Ice Planet Returns

Awesome! And by "awesome," I mean totally sweet. Is that a blue stiffy MF torso on the top of mvc-014s.jpg? Most people just make 1 or maybe 2 MOC's for a blast-from-the-past theme. You've got a whole base. You rock. David "Fuzzy" Gregory (21 years ago, 2-Dec-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Ice Planet Returns

Way Cool. I LOVE Ice Planet. I recon Ice Planet was the last good space theme. (21 years ago, 2-Dec-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Ice Planet Returns

(...) Two words: "Insanely great!" (1) Spotlighted. And thanks for sharing. Keep cool, man.(2) 1 - with apologies to Steve Jobs 2 - that won't be hard for you with all that IP around. ++Lar (21 years ago, 3-Dec-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Ice Planet Returns

(...) I spotted this some time ago and was wondering where it was all leading to... wowzers! (...) Whoa! Way cool! And a great use for the lids! (...) Neat! I like how the missles are swung out to the launch pads, as it's a different approach from (...) (21 years ago, 3-Dec-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Ice Planet Returns

(...) This is my favorite! It looks like the MCM, but has a good ice-y feel to it. The ICE SAT VV is somewhat less ice-y, because of the black wheels. As I recall, all wheels on the original ice planet theme were white. Anyways: great job and keep (...) (21 years ago, 3-Dec-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Ice Planet Returns

Cool! I like them. Thanks for these inspirational ideas. I think im going to build some Ice Planet stuff of my own now for when we get snow down here. Thanks for the pics. Alex (21 years ago, 3-Dec-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Ice Planet Returns

(...) (snip buncha great stuff) (...) Excellent endeavour, Pat. Your faithfullness to the original theme is amazing. The Flare has an awesome shape and the rover is a dream..especially the lower hatch. When I saw your mechs in the previews, my first (...) (21 years ago, 3-Dec-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Ice Planet Returns

Patrick, Wow wow wow. What a lot of Ice Planet goodness! I especially like the IG V--the use of the meteor tops is really excellent, I agree. The Martian torsos on the feet are also a great use of the part. The Ice Sat VV is another of my (...) (21 years ago, 3-Dec-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Ice Planet Returns

(...) The mammoth started in my mind's eye as a vehicle that would attach to a moonbase door. It ended up too short but I like the end result. Thanks, Pat Bunn (21 years ago, 3-Dec-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Ice Planet Returns

(...) I came out of my dark age just as IP2002 was disappearing from stores so it became the "lost theme" for me and I had to have it. I do alot of searches on Ebay for 'orange' and have been stockpiling TFO for some time now. I'm glad you like what (...) (21 years ago, 3-Dec-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Ice Planet Returns

(...) Praise from the Admiral! Thank you, sir. My favorite space set has got to be the M-tron Mega Core Magnetizer. So that was the seed to this design. I thought there needed to be more wheeled vehicles in space with really big wheels. And the (...) (21 years ago, 3-Dec-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Ice Planet Returns

(...) Indeed, it is a stiffy. Pat Bunn (21 years ago, 3-Dec-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Ice Planet Returns

(...) I thought Exploriens were pretty cool. But Deep Freeze Defender(6973) kicks Explorien Starships(6982) @$$. Pat Bunn (21 years ago, 3-Dec-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Ice Planet Returns

(...) Thanks, My wife would definitely concure about the insane part. Pat Bunn (21 years ago, 3-Dec-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Ice Planet Returns

(...) And to think you had a large part to play in all this when you sold me the large grey baseplate at brickfest. I'm glad that you recognize a signature style in my creations. I think its an extra special MOC that shows the builders hand. Thanks, (...) (21 years ago, 3-Dec-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Ice Planet Returns

(...) I used up all the lids I had on the Mammoth, so a compromise had to be made. If the MCM size wheels were available in white they woud be on that baby. I thought it would work but I agree, it's not icey enough. Thanks for the comments. Pat Bunn (21 years ago, 3-Dec-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Ice Planet Returns

(...) Great! The more IP2002 MOCs the better. Pat Bunn (21 years ago, 3-Dec-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Ice Planet Returns

(...) Oooh... IP contest. I'm going to have to do some searching. thanks Pat Bunn (21 years ago, 3-Dec-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Ice Planet Returns

(...) It's funny you should say that. Glowy-green is starting to creep onto my work table. More on that later... Pat Bunn (21 years ago, 3-Dec-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Ice Planet Returns

There's not much for me to say that hasn't already been said, but those mecha... Just too cool. A fitting tribute to the Regult Battlepod. Take care, Soren (URL) (21 years ago, 3-Dec-03, to lugnet.space, lugnet.build.mecha, FTX)

  Re: Ice Planet Returns

First, as a fellow Ice Planet zealot, I must applaud your work in the Ice Planet theme. Very cool, no pun intended. . .well maybe a little one. Anyway, on to the critiques I dig the mammoth, the wheels are very creative and I love the double quarter (...) (21 years ago, 6-Dec-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Ice Planet Returns

(...) Excellent critcism on all counts. I am still tweeking everything a little bit at a time and will have more photos soon. As for the moonbase connection. I figured I would have two more on either side to make a better transition to blue and grey (...) (21 years ago, 6-Dec-03, to lugnet.space)