 Space / 29400
Re: Ice Planet Returns
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 3 Dec 2003 13:24:50 GMT

In lugnet.space, Patrick Bunn wrote:
I have started to document what started out as fun and ended up as a florecent
orange obsession.  I've put together the Ice Planet Moonbase section 1 than
followed it with some support vehicles, ships, speeders, mechs, giants and
rockets (for launching those ever-present ice planet satellites).

(snip buncha great stuff)

and there is still more coming I just need to take some more photos. Let me know
if you guys like it so far.

Pat "Iceman" Bunn

Excellent endeavour, Pat.  Your faithfullness to the original theme is amazing.
The Flare has an awesome shape and the rover is a dream..especially the lower
hatch.

When I saw your mechs in the previews, my first thought was that the legs might
be too frail looking.  Closer inspection though showed how well constructed they
were...the spindly look of them give them an almost alien feel...and this rawks!

Man...too bad you weren't posting last year for the IP2000 build contest...you
would have swept the boards for sure!

Cheers,
-Gil