 Space / 29093
Re: Earth Directorate StarFighter
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 18 Nov 2003 15:44:49 GMT

In lugnet.space, Allister McLaren wrote:
In lugnet.space, David Rabadan wrote:
Hello Spacers.
One of my favorite series from when I was very young was
Buck Rogers in the 25th Century.
From that show comes one of my favorite fighters ever.
I give you the Earth Directorate StarFighter:

Notes:
When I began building the SF1A I did not have all the colors I needed
so I rendered it using colors as close to the original as possible.

I hope you enjoyed the trip down memory lane.
David.

Dang. Beat me to it. I've been watching the series over on www.buck-rogers.com
and printed out some pictures to build that very ship, but couldn't figure out
how to do the long conical bits. I thought of your approach, but it didn't seem
to taper enough.

Agreed.  I could not work it to be more tapered so I went with what I had.
I also had to compromise with the "landing wings" and the cockpit.
I can make them look very close to the real one but I would have to make the
whole MOC so much bigger.  I might actually do a collectors series version.
But only if I figure out a way to do the cones better.

Nevertheless, you've made a cool version out of the parts Lego have given us.
The thrusters came out particularly well. Good job.

Thanks Allister!

Now, if only I had enough sand green to build Quark's* garbage ship before
someone beats me to it ;)

Allister

I'll get right on that...just kidding.
Take care man.