 Space / 29075
  Earth Directorate StarFighter

Hello Spacers. One of my favorite series from when I was very young was Buck Rogers in the 25th Century. From that show comes one of my favorite fighters ever. I give you the Earth Directorate StarFighter: (URL) I began building the SF1A I did not (...) (21 years ago, 17-Nov-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Earth Directorate StarFighter

(...) OMGoodness! That's an excellent representation of the ship! Beedit beedit beedit! Git'im Buck! Dave K (21 years ago, 17-Nov-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Earth Directorate StarFighter

Holy cow that's awesome! Can you post instructions or an exploded view? I think I have to build one. No, squad! I need a squad! I think what's really cool here is this looks like it could have actually been a set. Groovy! Yeah, gimme a minifig (...) (21 years ago, 17-Nov-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Earth Directorate StarFighter

(...) Hi Dave, glad you like it. I knew the twikie impressions were going to surface, haha. Take care. (21 years ago, 17-Nov-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Earth Directorate StarFighter

(...) No problem Wayne. I will put it up. (...) Thanks! (...) I don't know man, that would involve some non-lego purist doing... hehe Take care Wayne. (21 years ago, 17-Nov-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Earth Directorate StarFighter

(...) Bwap! Bwap! Boom! OK, is the real one conical like that? did you try some other approaches to the pointy things? remember that scene where Hawk's ship crunched into the canopy of one of these? that ship was cool too... (21 years ago, 18-Nov-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Earth Directorate StarFighter

(...) You either have good memory or you have been watching the SciFi Channel. (...) I definitely tried other approaches but this seemed the best one. The real one has longer cones and in the cones you have lasers, 3 or four I believe. I have not (...) (21 years ago, 18-Nov-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Earth Directorate StarFighter

(...) Dang. Beat me to it. I've been watching the series over on www.buck-rogers.com and printed out some pictures to build that very ship, but couldn't figure out how to do the long conical bits. I thought of your approach, but it didn't seem to (...) (21 years ago, 18-Nov-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Earth Directorate StarFighter

(...) Agreed. I could not work it to be more tapered so I went with what I had. I also had to compromise with the "landing wings" and the cockpit. I can make them look very close to the real one but I would have to make the whole MOC so much bigger. (...) (21 years ago, 18-Nov-03, to lugnet.space)

"David Rabadan" <drabadan@aol.com> wrote in message news:HoIH0x.10EF@lugnet.com... (...) I've actually never really seen the show (so I'm not that qualified to comment), but this makes me want to watch it, and it also makes me want to build this and (...) (21 years ago, 19-Nov-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Earth Directorate StarFighter

(...) (21 years ago, 19-Nov-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Earth Directorate StarFighter

Hey, what gives? I get a "folder not yet moderated" message when I try to view it! WAAAAAH! James Wilson Dallas, TX (21 years ago, 19-Nov-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Earth Directorate StarFighter

(...) Hi James. Here is a couple of deep links... (URL) hope this works. Later. (21 years ago, 19-Nov-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Earth Directorate StarFighter

(...) They have a new show streaming every week. They're getting to the end of the second season now, but I'm hoping they'll start replaying it from the beginning again. It holds up remarkably well. (21 years ago, 19-Nov-03, to lugnet.space)