 Space / 28364
28363  |  28365
Subject:
Moving without context
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad, lugnet.space, lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sun, 5 Oct 2003 03:45:19 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Tony Alexander wrote:
In lugnet.trains, Richard Marchetti wrote:
BTW, I think it's inappropriate of you to move this to debate.  It is
reasonable to discuss polite behavior for given newsgroups in those very
newsgroups.

-- Hop-Frog

Hop-Frog,
     I moved it, because I didn't think of that, and because it wasn't really
about trains.  But you're right about appropriate behavior being discussed in
the given newsgroup - the reason for my original reply.

So why move it?

I did not realise it had been moved till after I responded to the post, had I
seen that Tony was trying to move it I would have set it back.

I think it was totally inappropriate to move it, actually, and especially in
what is a sort of deceptive way.... setting FUT to a group that you aren't
actually posting to yourself is sort of leaving a trap for the responder... ala
"my remarks are important to the group that started this thread, but YOURS
aren't and in fact, I'm going to make your post out of context because I didn't
copy the group I shunted you off to on what I had to say so yours will just
appear there"

Very bad mannered in my view.