 Space / 28131
Re: PRIORITY TRANSMISSION
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 17 Sep 2003 04:50:03 GMT

In lugnet.space, Jon Palmer wrote:
   In lugnet.space, Mike Petrucelli wrote:

What could DR TERRIBLE be up to now?!!

Annoyingly large files. :-) No seriously that was over 500k, took 2 minutes to see the post, that is not cool, dude. (the Grand Admiral clone and the bot are kinda funny though.)

I don’t get it Mike. I’m unbelievably uptight about big images and this doesn’t bother me at all. It was 3 images that was like 500k total. 3 very funny pics too. Loaded while I blinked.

Ok maybe people interprited that a little more harshly than it was intended. (Very funny post, Matt.) But, seriously anything over 200k in one post just seems a little excessive to me.

I’m not some Cable snob but if you’re really still on a dial up for as much as you post in .debate (see it all on the ticker) then that’s just sad.

Well first off text does not take any significant amount of time to download. Second I have to do something when I can not be building, (Which is far more often than I would like,) and the off-topic.debate is absolute best place on the internet I found to actually discuss various topics with out it devolving into, “Oh, yeah” posts. Sure we disagree alot,(I realize I can come off very hard set in my views sometimes) but in the end we all still get along and that is proof that Lugnet is still the freindlest place on the internet, at least to me.

Cable is very cheap. Can’t get it there? Um, move or something :D

Right... :D

-Mike Petrucelli

FUT off-topic.debate