 Space / 27114
Re: Orion-Class cruiser "Mintaka" v1
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 15 Aug 2003 15:08:37 GMT

In lugnet.space, Stefan Garcia wrote:
   Hi all,

Just wanted to share my latest creation, an Orion-Class Cruiser dubbed the “Mintaka.”

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/sastrei/Space/Orion-Class/mvc-491f.jpg
-snip-

Stefan, This is a good start for a large fighter/bomber craft. I really like your creative use of canopies, and how they add to the curvature of the craft as a whole.

the best thing i could recommend would be to work the rest of the craft to better utilize that curvature. you’ve got some harsh edges that make the ship look blocky where it wants to look sleek. I’d recommend perhaps making it a bit smaller so the craft’s body can more conform to the curve of the canopies.

the engine area look pretty cool to. recommendation here is to beef out this section more, perhaps with some greebles (details).

black is a difficult color to work with and show off because so much is lost by way of details. you might also want to think about adding a noticable secondary color (something brighter than brown), like my personal favorite, RED.

i’d love to see the model re-worked a bit - it is a just a few steps away from being a really great craft.

-Jr.Marshal Hoffman