 Space / 27113
New MOC: Cityship Tarasca
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.announce.moc
Date:
Fri, 15 Aug 2003 11:24:15 GMT

Hi,

I present to you the first cityship ever:

TARASCA

This ship contains a full city with the following features:
  • spaceport (aft right)
  • 4 container modules (midsection sides)
  • downtown bureaucratic center (midection)
  • two suburban areas (aft and left wing)
  • residential villa (right wing) with lake and beach!
  • indutrial level (beneath midsection)
  • defensive duo laser turrets (all over the hull)
  • scientific array (aft left)
  • extensive communication array (central front)
  • command section (top midsection)
  • full complements of auxiliary ships (fighters, science vessels, frigates, ...)
  • escape pods (all over the hull)
  • and many more ...
Whenever the TARASCA is near your planet, dont forget to visit!

Technical notes:
  1. don’t forget to visit the subdirectories
  2. to my knowledge this is the first nanofig ship with an interior (this is really fun to do!)
  3. one stud would be something around 20 meters i guess (certainly between 15 and 30 meters) so the ship would be estimated as 2.8 km long i think
  4. another thing i found incredible was that i managed fighters at this size (ok the are quite large (2 studs long!) but hey ... i did my best)
  5. i had also quite a joy when making the greebles on the hull
  6. finaly i think this ship contains about all nanofig scale techniques i ever used in the past so for now this would be my personal how to ...
so go visit the TARASCA at my brickshelf:

i hope you enjoy it and maybe inspires you to built your own large scale nanofig ships.

Sincerely .Space,

Didier Deses