 Space / 26837
Re: New MOC: Peregrine class Cargo Freightliner
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sun, 3 Aug 2003 00:43:53 GMT

Zac, first off this is a cool moc. I like the stubby(in a good way), powerfull looking hull design, and the profile in general.

Things I liked: 1. The engines: although they would have looked slightly better if you used all trans-orange cylinders instead of 1/2 bricks. Love the fact that they can rotate, like the ship in 2010 and other films. 2. The cockpit: I dig the way it rides high, and the interior greeblage. The crash-area(rest,not impact) really brings out that kind of space-trucker image you are going for. All you need is a truck-stop Annie to service the pilot. 3. The asymmetrical blue stiping on one side. You have to love asymmetry. 4. The sensor array under the nose. Usually I’m not a fan of alot of trans-colored pieces, but this looks cool, and in-place with the rest of the moc. 5. I may have missed them, but I like the fact that there are no guns, and if they are, you avoid the claims that run riot in .space. ie: “my turbo-lasers are so powerfull that one blast can destroy an entire space colony”. Kudos to you for restraint.

Things I disliked: 1. The cadillac-looking grill on the front. Don’t really dig chrome, and it just doesn’t look on par with the rest of the greebles. However, it does go with the whole trucker-thing. 2. The airlock: the taps look too big, and obtrusive. Also, they seem a little close to those intake things. 3. ... uh... that about it actually... The Peregrine is a rockin’ moc. Well done! -Keith