 Space / 25830
Re: Another wallpaper
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sun, 6 Jul 2003 10:25:25 GMT

"Daniel Jassim" <danieljassim@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:HHKL2G.1uMI@lugnet.com...
In lugnet.space, Paul Hartzog wrote:
Dan
all your wp's are great but if they aren't at least 1600x1200
they aren't very useful.  it's easy to scale down from that
but you can't scale up, alas.

Geez! Do you have your resolution set at 1600 X 1200?! I can't even read
anything at that resolution. I'm at 1152 X 864 on my PC and 800 X 600 • scales
pretty good. I know scaling up adds more grain but it gives it a film-like
quality...at least on my screen. Maybe using Windows XP has something to • do with
it? Anyway, Id rather not upload files that big since I'm on dial-up AND • 1600 X
1200 is just ridiculously too big to work with at this time. Still, tell • me if
this is any better...

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/DanJassim/Artwork/wallpaper7a.jpg

Copy it if you dig it or let me know if there's an image you'd like bigger
because I will delete it in a day or so.

--Dan

Dan. Whadup.

My evil new internet connection is turning me into a night owl.
I run at 1280x960 on a 19" monitor and it looks damn good to me.  I don't
see how anyone can run at 1600x1200 on a monitor this size or smaller, but
my monitor chokes (ie: seizure inducing flicker) at that res, so what do I
know.

But I would still say if you're going to make an image as a "Wallpaper" it
should at least be available at 1024x768.  Seems like most wallpapers come
in 3 flavors: 1600, 1024 and 800.

I nabbed your 1600 image and dropped it down to 1280 in PS and it looks
good, though a bit blurry.  What was the original image size?

Anyway, great pic...whatever the size.

[ j o n ]
--
http://zemi.net