 Space / 25686
Re: Post-classic space
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 1 Jul 2003 08:49:29 GMT

snipped and quoting Paul Baulch here:

   Hmm, actually I think Tim’s right... to my mind, post-CS would have to be pre-Futuron if anything. Trouble is, CS was light-gray+blue with trans-yellow then went to just light-gray with trans-green, then Futuron was white with trans-blue. Note that trans-green was halfway between the two trans-colors, and light-gray without blue was closer to white...

In short, post-CS/pre-Futuron would have to be a shade between light-gray and white, with a trans shade between green and blue... and we just don’t have the right shades of brick...

...but then I was just reasoning this for fun and I don’t really care what kind of post-CS theme anyone tries out :-)

Cheers,

If memory serves me well CS was grey and blue with trans-yellow. Then it went to white with blue with trans-blue. This was the time my brother started collecting the space LEGO I now own and neither of us liked it when it went to grey with trans green and all-out blue. When Futuron and Blacktron came out, we were enthusiastic again. Most of us here in .space remember CS as grey and blue with trans-yellow but it was never that monolithic.

Anyway, I hope someone will work out a missing link theme between the last more or less CS sets and the Futuron sets!

Love, Sylvi