 Space / 25655
Re: Post-classic space / Pre-Futuron
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 30 Jun 2003 07:24:30 GMT

In lugnet.space, Paul Baulch wrote:
   In lugnet.space, Tim Courtney wrote:
   In lugnet.space, Spencer Nowak wrote:
   In lugnet.space, Tim Courtney wrote:
   Post CS would be Futuron, and after Futuron, M:Tron, etc...

-Tim
Oh. I was thinking more along the lines of MOCs in a post clasic space style, but i guess you have a point. :)

What isn’t post-CS about Futuron?

-Tim

Hmm, actually I think Tim’s right... to my mind, post-CS would have to be pre-Futuron if anything. Trouble is, CS was light-gray+blue with trans-yellow then went to just light-gray with trans-green, then Futuron was white with trans-blue. Note that trans-green was halfway between the two trans-colors, and light-gray without blue was closer to white...

Cheers,

Something I noticed just recently about Futuron is that it was a lot more ‘open’ and less solid than CS. For instance, compare this model:

    6925 Interplanetary Rover
200 elements, 2 figures, 1988
LEGO > SYSTEM > Space > Futuron

with this CS set, released the year before Futuron was available:

    6926 Mobile Recovery Vehicle
147 elements, 2 figures, 1986
LEGO > SYSTEM > Space > {Classic}

In fact, this ‘openness’ was a bit of a feature of Futuron, as a LUGNET search will reveal. Perhaps a Post-CS/ Pre-Futuron creation could have the openness of Futuron in the colours of CS, or the solidness of late CS in the colours of Futuron.

God bless,

Matt W.