 Space / 25150
  MOC: Spy Prawn

Hi all, I'm a bit hesitant to show this, what with all the amazing MOCs appearing at the moment, but here goes. (URL) The Prawn> is an infiltration craft employted by the Alpha Team to gather information on the increasing threat posed by the Sea (...) (21 years ago, 18-Jun-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: MOC: Spy Prawn

(...) Allister, I really like this MOC. I saw it a couple of days ago when looking at "what's new" at Brickshelf, but didn't see an announcement about it. Good work! James Wilson Dallas, TX (21 years ago, 18-Jun-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: MOC: Spy Prawn

(...) Allister, this is a cool moc. You really captured the whole alien/aquatic aesthetic very well. I think its very difficult to make something look really 'alien'and you have succeeded. The profile is great, the pilot is snugged in and protected. (...) (21 years ago, 18-Jun-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: MOC: Spy Prawn

(...) I did... ;-) You made the right choice IMO Allister, this is a great design on its own. The segmented appearance and probey tentacular appendages have turned out really well. It has an alien look to it that I like. Nice work! Cheers, (URL) (...) (21 years ago, 18-Jun-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: MOC: Spy Prawn

(...) Allister, This is an excellent little design. I agree with Keith in that "You really captured the whole alien/aquatic aesthetic very well." I like the continuous nature of the vessel with the segmented body. At first I was not sure if it was (...) (21 years ago, 18-Jun-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: MOC: Spy Prawn

(...) I really like this guy, Allister. I spotted it on Brickshelf yesterday whilst cruising through. The articulated spine makes it look totally organic...throw in the tendrils and you got yourself a very rare sidedish. As I was scrolling thru, I (...) (21 years ago, 18-Jun-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: MOC: Spy Prawn

(...) Allister, Very nice, I have to echo what every one else says. You've made a very organic, critter like shape, it does remind me of a prawn. Thanks, George (21 years ago, 18-Jun-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: MOC: Spy Prawn

(...) I spotted this when it first showed up on B-shelf, and yes, it did catch my attention. Great job on the Prawn! Spy craft are definitely needed by Alpha Team, and yours is a good one! You've caught the organic approach that the Sea Monkeys use (...) (21 years ago, 18-Jun-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: MOC: Spy Prawn

(...) Add one more to that list :) (...) Like many other people, I saw this on brickshelf a while back. I remember thinking, "Oh man, that would make such a cool Sea Monkey model. I think I'll borrow the design concept." Excellent work. Glad to see (...) (21 years ago, 18-Jun-03, to lugnet.space, lugnet.aquazone, FTX)

  Re: MOC: Spy Prawn

(...) I saw this on BS last week and really enjoyed it. The segmentation is great. And I really like the "feelers" that can extend out of the front. The use of the lever handles as fingers was a good idea. I may have to adopt that. The only (...) (21 years ago, 18-Jun-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: MOC: Spy Prawn

Thanks for all the positive responses. I'm a bit surprised by it actually, as this was very much a reject model that I didn't invest that much time and effort into, but gratifying nonetheless. I'll reply to the things that seem to warrant it in this (...) (21 years ago, 19-Jun-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: MOC: Spy Prawn

(...) Some of my best stuff happens like that. (...) (wholesale snippage) (...) Well, Ogel does have a part in all of this...a deeper part than you may think:)..Felix and I discussed a little about this and came up with 'something.' But it's still (...) (21 years ago, 19-Jun-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: MOC: Spy Prawn

(...) [Mr.Burns] INteresting... [/Mr.Burns] WARNING: Noise reply WARNING [Ogel] Muahahahaha. [/Ogel] (21 years ago, 19-Jun-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)