 Space / 25059
Re: New MOC: The FlyGill
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 16 Jun 2003 13:07:55 GMT

In lugnet.space, Nathan Wells wrote:
   Hi all, The FlyGill:

I quite like the name. ;)

The model looks like an interesting start to me. It looks as if you’ve developed the shape and scale you want to go with and are now in the process of polishing it up using some of the suggestions made upthread.

My own 2 cents? The black fin on top...instead of using stepped plates, perhaps try a smoother approach...1x2 slopes for instance. Near the tail section, perhaps some more 1 stud thick slopes branching out on a hinge at a 45 degree angle (see Paul H’s Mako for examples of this). Essentially, a few more lines or protrusions to break out of the studs up / front to back traditional shape.

As Mark said, the windshields are a fresh touch and the round ‘spine’ looks good and offers quite a few possibilities.

It will be interesting to see what you make of it...and make sure to share it!

Cheers, -G