 Space / 24856
Re: New MOC: The FlyGill
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 13 Jun 2003 03:50:41 GMT

In lugnet.space, Mark Sandlin wrote:
   I like what you have done with the windshields. The side greebles look good.

I don’t think the rear dish serves this particular MOC well. It just looks kind of tacked-on. The black thingy on the top also doesn’t flow. If you wanted a fin up there, I’d have used a wing or a slope. Or how about a long antenna that angles back toward the rear?

I like the landing gear/missile racks. I like the use of binoculars as guns, but the placement doesn’t make sense to me. It wouldn’t be able to shoot at anything ahead of the vehicle. I’d say take each stick one of each binocular gun on each side of the vehicle, up on the “engine” areas. This vehicle seems to be more of a go-straight-ahead type of thing anyway.

I think you should drop one of the colors. Mladen Pejic once said that three main colors is enough, and I agree with that. Any more, and it gets kind of busy and the colors begin to compete.

-Grand Admiral and Keeper of Fleebnorks

I’m agree with Mark here. The windshield is cool, and the greeblies work well.
The radar, it seems to me, would work better if it was bigger and had more meat to it.
Keep it up!
-Bruce

LEGO @ Bruce’s Homepage