 Space / 24985
Re: New MOC: The FlyGill
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sat, 14 Jun 2003 04:56:24 GMT

In lugnet.space, Leonard Hoffman wrote:
   In lugnet.space, Nathan Wells wrote:
   Hi all,

Inspired by Bruce Lowell’s Starflux, I’ve built a craft similar in shape and design, but much smaller!

The FlyGill:

Main Folder

PLMKWYT and don’t be afraid to criticize.

I think you’ve got something interesting here. Especially the use of the windscreens. However, I think it is too flimsy to be a convincing war machine. First the pilot is totally unprotected, and second, the whole thing looks like one good shot could knock it out.

Hmmmm...you’ve got a point.

   When I first saw it, I thought “courier”! If you wanted to keep the missiles and guns, it could be a military courier. A ship designed to be fast and small, to carry the messages that really matter (and can’t be communicated any other way) - with some armament just in case, but not meant to survive a fire-fight.

Hey, that’s a cool idea!

   Remember, not everything HAS to be a military weapon. In fact, civilian stuff is always welcome!

Oh yeah, and that fin thing looks aweful. either use a premade fin, or a slope or something.

yeah, it’s pretty bad. :)

   Otherwise, very nice, Adm. Wells.

Thanks!