 Space / 24916
Re: Dragonfly remixed
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 13 Jun 2003 16:00:05 GMT

In lugnet.space, Tom Sciortino wrote:

   You’re gonna kill me, but I have to go with the earlier version... ;) The delicate one had more personality. Snot design sure is a pain in the butt, ain’t it? Why don’t you try technic parts?

In terms of personality, perhaps you’re a bit right. However, the design was awfully fragile and I was aiming for a solid feel with this ship.

Actually, incorporating technic elements into the design sounds like a viable suggestion, Tom...I’ll wager that this suggestion will merit a visit to bricklink (there’s a good deal of parts I can use, particularly greebles and technic bits.)

   I use technic axels and locking connectors (the ones with the little teeth on them) to get wierd angles all the time. They take up little space, can yield odd angles but with lots more stability than hinges, they stay put, and they would probably fit in well with the wiry look of your model.

http://guide.lugnet.com/partsref/technic/ 4273 Technic Connector Toggle Joint Toothed

Hmm...they would probably work better with much larger models (I’ll inevitably take a shot at it) but I’ll consider using them.

   The modern star-wars click-hinges might also help. But really, those locking connectors are like gold if you ask me.

Thanks!

   -- Tom

Osprey, over and out

M. Aaron Hein http://www.lugnet.com/~1112/Creations