 Space / 24869
Re: Dragonfly remixed
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 12 Jun 2003 23:16:28 GMT

"Matt Hein" <Pyrokid17@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:HGCoLs.2Lt@lugnet.com...
Okay, I admit it! My previous model, the
<http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=45889 Dragonfly>
was a structurally _inept_ [disaster], but no more!

I went back to the drawing board and decided to scrap the
design for a more refined 'straightforward' look. I believe
it came out reasonably well...still, I'll leave that for
.space to decide.

<http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=46201>

PLMKWYT

Osprey, over and out

{M. Aaron Hein}¬
<http://www.lugnet.com/~1112/Creations/>

You're gonna kill me, but I have to go with the earlier version...  ;)   The
delicate one had more personality.  Snot design sure is a pain in the butt,
ain't it?  Why don't you try technic parts?  I use technic axels and locking
connectors (the ones with the little teeth on them) to get wierd angles all
the time.  They take up little space, can yield odd angles but with lots
more stability than hinges, they stay put, and they would probably fit in
well with the wiry look of your model.

http://guide.lugnet.com/partsref/technic/
4273 Technic Connector Toggle Joint Toothed

You could mount those large dishes onto a locking connector like I did with
the landing gear for my Skyraider B:
http://www.band.calpoly.edu/~tsciorti/lego/skyb_3.jpg

The modern star-wars click-hinges might also help.  But really, those
locking connectors are like gold if you ask me.

-- Tom