 Space / 24871
24870  |  24872
Subject:
.space needs a geek check
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 13 Jun 2003 06:57:48 GMT

Ok first off, I'm no lamely self proclaimed Admiral or any other rank.  In
fact, anyone that has looked at my MOCs and followed my .space story will
know that I have two .space companies.  Xtraglobal Xpress and Kane
Starcrafters, neither of which are military in scope or scale.

Just for the record, I'm a 28 year old self proclaimed member of .space.
That's it.  I totally love what we do here.  However, after reading the
threads today and seeing how this whole argument began, I have a few
thoughts.

First off, everyone is getting way too serious...  There is no reason to
think that one person should have any exclusive right to any title. Second,
is that we are all posting because we share the same or a very similar
version of the future and possibly a bent for the sci-fi.

Personally I could care less about any of your story lines.  I make .space
oriented models because I'm compelled to.

Which brings me to my third point.   Why do any of you care whether you
title is similar to someone else's?  Its all imaginary anyhow.  no one is
the real admiral.  Its not like LEGO is going to hire you because of your
claim, or officially appoint your position.

doesn't anyone realize that you and you alone are responsible for you title.
If people want to take a similar title, I think that it should be considered
a point of flattery.  Not some type of rip off.  In fact, I've been hesitant
to say it, but since the emergence of this whole self inflicted rank thingy
that you all seem to love arguing about, I have been waiting for this very
argument to arise.  it was inevitable!

the self declaration of titles and ranks is totally divisive and contrary to
what we stand for as a group and realistically brings us that much closer to
comic book collectors or dnd players (not that they are bad) vs. master
brick engineers, which is what I think we are really striving for.

lets all take a minute tomorrow and sing cumbaya to ourselves.

hope you guys can get it... and learn to get along.

-tk