 Space / 24888
Re: .space needs a geek check
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 13 Jun 2003 13:23:43 GMT

In lugnet.space, Travis Kunce wrote:

   First off, everyone is getting way too serious... There is no reason to think that one person should have any exclusive right to any title. Second, is that we are all posting because we share the same or a very similar version of the future and possibly a bent for the sci-fi.

While I did make one single post asking that others not run my personal joke into the ground, the vast majority of the recent debate had nothing to do with ranks.

There was a lot of discussion regarding appropriateness and volume of some of the newer members’ posts (Signal vs Noise) as well as some discussion about people feeling like they weren’t getting enough attention from the “inner circle” and what have you.

If you really think all this was about ranks, you need to go back and read more carefully.

-Grand Admiral and Keeper of Fleebnorks