 Space / 24490
Re: SS-E Paladin
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 9 Jun 2003 20:46:35 GMT

In lugnet.space, Mark Sandlin wrote:

I also think this is a large enough creation that it could have had retractable landing gear worked into it somewhere. I’m a big fan of landing gear. :)

Thanks for the comments, Mark.

I appreciate the criticism too. I like landing gears too—they’re sometimes difficult to engineer well and their inclusion can sometimes really show a builder’s mettle.

However, I’m afraid for the better part of my space-bound fighters you won’t see them. A landing gear seems unnecessary for a fighter that only sees a carrier’s bay and open space. Any manuevering of the fighter within the bay could easily be accomodated with a magnetic/tractor system in the bay. In that case, a landing gear is just another moving part to complicate maintenance of a military craft.

That’s my two studs, at least.