 Space / 24174
Re: Set Phasers on... BUILD
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 2 Jun 2003 20:09:46 GMT

In lugnet.space, Gil Shaw wrote:
   In lugnet.space, Stuart Immonen wrote:
   My first non-SW 1:1 scale replica prop... the Star Trek TOS Phaser Type-2 Pistol:

Brickshelf folder Post Moderation

Teaser pic (click to view full size):

Enjoy!

stuart

As a kid, I had one of the phasers that shot those little flying disks..back in the days before kids took eyes out, fired the things down their throats, etc. Loved that thing.

This wonderful takes me right back to those carefree days. Excellent job sir....anything other than the highest accolades would be ‘highly illogical’.

Cheers, -Gil

Gil, I remember those. Do you remember the candy called “Space Orbits”? They were very tiny jawbreakers that came in a box along with a straw so you can shoot them spit ball style. This was back in the late 70’s. I wonder how many eyes they put out? I just found something like that a few years back in one of those bulk candy stores in the mall. They were a little bigger than what came out in the 70’s and you had to get a McDonalds straw since they’re larger diameter - had a blast. While working on the shop floor I’d shoot at the production office window 30 yards away and the “ting” would force the clueless management looking for the culprit to no advail.

Thanks for the flash back.

Patrick