 Space / 24093
Re: PCS Rocket Launcher
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sun, 1 Jun 2003 00:41:06 GMT

In lugnet.space, Jamie Neufeld wrote:
Hey all you Spacers. I made the move to Lethbridge Alberta and got myself a job... • Snip
Jamie
www.ozbricks.com/jneufeld

Holy slapdoodle!  that thing is awesome!  would I be stoned to death if i said
it was (WAY!) better than the original it's based on?  Hah! Stone away, my Lego
wall will protect me!  The forms, the PCS 'look' the whole solid coolness is
fantastic.  I think when PCS is done right, like here (and for that matter ALL
the PCS i've seen so far), it can make the solid-smoothness-nature a greeblie.
Zen-Wierd, huh?  in othe words the smoothness & solidness, & curves ARE part of
the greeblies.  I've seen it mentioned on Lugnet that even though the Classic
Space sets weren't greeblied, it didn't matter, they were a solid cool design.
Maybe the angles, colors, forms, solidity, something in the essence of their
design WAS the greeblie, an intangible tangibility.  I've been trying to figure
out how to convey this for a long time, and i think being able to think about
PCS in relation to Classic space, and ANY 'classic' lego set/theme is helping me
to better know a set/theme with the 'classic' essence when i see it.  if anyone
can figure out how to better word this, please post.

jeff the flabbergasted