 Space / 23680
Re: Parts Design Question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 14 May 2003 21:24:20 GMT

I haven't tried this with Lego, so don't sue me if it doesn't work.  But,
you can add friction to moving parts of other materials by adding a tiny
drop of cyanoacrylate (super) glue to the joint, and then working the parts
until the glue dries.  This works well with loose ball-and socket joints on
car side-view mirrors.

You could also try a drop of something like silicone sealant, that won't
completely harden up in the joint, and work the turntable back and forth
while it sets up.

YMMV
James Wilson
Dallas TX
Lugnet member 1783

In lugnet.space, Leonard Hoffman writes:
is there a way to give a turn-table a little more friction - or even a friction
turntable?  I like using them, but they swing every which way every time you
pick them up - i don't like it.

thanks in advance
-vive le krakhed