 Space / 23549
Re: MOC: Black Jack 2
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 9 May 2003 18:53:31 GMT

Project Omega, eh? Hmmm.....

Well, right off the bat, I can say that your ship is great! There's a lot of
nice detail work , especially in the lab(?) area. The other thing I noticed
is that the Black Jack looks vaguely like the Defiant from Deep Space Nine.
And that's not a bad thing:)

and is that really a SM with legs??? And how does the door slide open? And
what about another angle pics of the cockpit? I want to see the cockpit details.

Great job!

Thanks for the kind words Joe.  I didn't want to give away details about
Project Omega so some things were thrown in just for looks (the martian in
the lab, for example).  Most of my ships have a defiant look about them
because I'm pretty saucer section heavy:

The doors are just placed on a stud.  I found a while back that I would go
out of my way to make working components (landing gear, sliding doors, etc)
that just took up room and never really were used or anything.  So, going
back to conversations we've had in the past, I try not to agonize over
details so much that I lose interest.

The cockpit is the only thing that stayed the same from the original version:

Felix