 Space / 22903
Re: Space Contest Running Late?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 15 Apr 2003 04:40:36 GMT

In lugnet.space, Richard Marchetti writes:
Other opinions?

While I like some of the contest ideas proposed by JHK earlier this thread,
I will have to side with Mr. Frog here that the "Unofficial (sorta) Annual
Space Building Contest" idea started by Todd was supposed to be targeting
each of the TLC sub-themes of Space...at least until we got through all of
them.  ..ish...

There was originally (as I understand it) the hope to do one per year,
pretty much in the order the sub-themes had been released.  (Although I
thought FT came before BT1.)  We got sidetracked because mid-year last year
we decided that IP2 would be appropriate to do for 2002 (personally, I still
had fun with that contest).  Then, it seems, after everyone became busy
building for other community projects (Moonbase, Pods, Starship, etc.),
everyone kind of let it slip this past December.

My vote, if someone wishes to organize it, would be to have Futuron be next.
Of course, I vote this way mostly because I keep telling people in different
forums that I have an idea for a Futuron style ship, and a contest with a
set deadline might just be the motivation I need to force myself to find
time to do it...  :)

-Hendo