 Space / 22890
Re: Space Contest Running Late?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 15 Apr 2003 00:15:10 GMT

In lugnet.space, Jonathan Wilson writes:
richard marchetti wrote:
Hey Y'all:

Dare I mention it?  We did not have a contest so far this year or have I
missed it?  And I'd like to keep it going to honor Todd, a founder of the
site you are now reading and a huge space enthusiast himself.

Todd's first "Classic Space" contest was held around December.
The second "BTI" contest was held around December-January.
The ill-fated "Ice Planet 2002" contest was held around May-June last year.

By my reckoning, we should actually have had something this last holiday
season for 2002-2003.  Or by another perspective, we are ripe for another
contest soonish.

Opinions?
I think this is a good idea, how about a Futuron contest, Futuron is next
in line after all...

True... though I have about 4 white parts available right now.

How about we do a classic theme contest and/or a different type contest?
Such as the hoverthing contest and the non-violent contest.  I would like to
see some creative building going on.

Future Utilitarian Vehicle Contest
Hoverbike contest
Bot contest