 Space / 22883
Re: hizza my shizza, you dig? (translation: relatively new MOCs)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 14 Apr 2003 20:20:45 GMT

In lugnet.space, Felix Greco writes:
Aloha Spacers,

I never know whether I should post some things here on lugnet that are on
brickshelf.  I don't know about most of you, but I have a ritual each day of
hitting the same websites (lugnet, brickshelf, fbtb, etc.).  So, when I post
a new MOC on brickshelf, I just assume most people will see it.

But, having said that, sometimes I breeze through the recent section of
brickshelf and don't recognize what might be a really cool model.  Plus, its
always nice to hear the thinking behind a model or some background info.

I don't know.  What do you guys think?  Is it always necassary to post here
if you're throwing your stuff up at brickshelf?  I guess I'm wondering since
on the one hand I don't really need feedback, but on the other hand, I
really enjoy reading all of your background/building information.

Blah blah blah, get to the MOCs Sea Monkey-boy...

The Black Jack.
This is a medium transport for my Sig-Fig Gulliver.  The inspiration for the
ship was from the comic book Sigil, by CrossGen.  The stories suck but the
artwork is great for building ideas.  I think the drooped nose gives it an
emperial look.  The inside isn't detailed as of yet.

Light Fighter
This is a light fighter I built with no particular home or story behind it.
The model was also inspired by CrossGen.  The interesting thing about this
model is that it was rendered by Matthew Be...
... without even making reference to me.  I guess Matthew Be not knowing
that he should have Be-done that.

FOSNSKOH
For you comic fans, these guys were inspired by Alien Legion.  This was an
outstanding comic and still makes a great read.  The Alien Legion was a type
of federation-of-planets-army reminiscent of the French foriegn legion.
Every species presented in the comic was unique, but still tried to adhere
to the same uniform.  Different hieghts, shapes, numbers of arms and such
always made the artwork intersting.  This comic is currently being made into
an animated series.  I haven't seen an estimated date of arrival, though.

Felix
http://www.lugnet.com/~94

Felix,

I have a ritual of hitting the same sites (lugnet, fbtb, allspark Iacon
Gallery (only recently)) but I actually do not always go to Brickshelf
because the first two keep me pretty busy. ;-)
I enjoy reading the background info or hearing about how a certain piece was
used "unconventionally" so I'd say post 'em here.

I came across the Black Jack when hitting "Up" in your gallery for the last
thing you posted (which I can't think of right now).  I thought to myself
"Hey, that's pretty cool" but did not have time to look through the folder
and then I forgot about it (so I guess there's another reason ;-] ).  Went
through most of the pics now.  I have to say that the Black Jack is an
excellent model!  From picture 6 you can pretty much see the topview and the
form as a whole is neat.  From the thumbnails I was thinking "what
windshield did he use?" and upon further inspection I saw the construction
and how the smaller windows were used for the angles--that works great
there.  Couple of highlights: even though the ship reads as more of a
freighter to me, i think it could compete with the Falcon cause that engine
is HUGE and the exhaust is rather small, so back up!  I like those flaps on
the engine too (saw three used similarly recently but also can not think of
from where).  I have not used angled flat panels for wings yet but the more
I see them I more I think I will.  I also like the SNOT usage of those space
hulls (? - know they are in the Space Police II Rebel Hunter and Deep Freeze
Defender).

The Light Fighter is a nifty little craft...very streamlined.  From scanning
the folder I was like "OH WOW...HE made a TRANSFORMER!" but I see that mech
is a different unit.  (Hey, I'd say go for it, although I know TFs aren't
easy!).  In this fighter you have found good use for two more-or-less
uncommon parts--the blue barrels/cement thingys and the 33-angled 3x3s.

The FOSNSKOH is just whack!  Hehe  That is a cool idea about the uniforms.

Alright, that's it for now.

ciao&salaam
-Andrew

GardenSLUG