 Space / 22882
Re: hizza my shizza, you dig? (translation: relatively new MOCs)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 14 Apr 2003 20:21:32 GMT

In lugnet.space, Felix Greco writes:
Aloha Spacers,

I never know whether I should post some things here on lugnet that are on
brickshelf.

(snipola gud stuff)

I hear ya, but overall I think the exposure is good thru posting on both.
Not only does it capture the attention of those that only look at one or the
tuther, but posting here gives a chance for exposition and exchange based on
the creator's own inspirations.  I kinda see'em like 2 great tastes that
taste great together.  Like nuts and gum.

The Black Jack.
This is a medium transport for my Sig-Fig Gulliver.  The inspiration for the
ship was from the comic book Sigil, by CrossGen.  The stories suck but the
artwork is great for building ideas.  I think the drooped nose gives it an
emperial look.  The inside isn't detailed as of yet.

Ah' like it.  It does indeed look like an Imperial bulldog.  I've noticed as
well how the current trend of ships in most comics is for bulbous,
manga-inspired organic fare....a tough run in the brick.  Using the SNOT
technique for the cockpit along with the saucer pieces gives it a fair
shake.  And that command console rocks.  Only thing I would suggest....the
engine nozzles.  A small point, but I always find that if the exhausts have
some depth to them, they take on an even more realistic aesthetic, IMHO.

Light Fighter
This is a light fighter I built with no particular home or story behind it.
The model was also inspired by CrossGen.  The interesting thing about this
model is that it was rendered by Matthew Be...

Simple. Lightweight.  Easy on parts and sleek.  Nifty in my book.

FOSNSKOH
For you comic fans, these guys were inspired by Alien Legion.  This was an
outstanding comic and still makes a great read.  The Alien Legion was a type
of federation-of-planets-army reminiscent of the French foriegn legion.
Every species presented in the comic was unique, but still tried to adhere
to the same uniform.  Different hieghts, shapes, numbers of arms and such
always made the artwork intersting.  This comic is currently being made into
an animated series.  I haven't seen an estimated date of arrival, though.

I can't believe anyone else read this title..what a blast from the past.  I
really dig the trollalien and his radioactive vent buckle.  Now all we need
are some Starjammers (who are coming back too, BTW).

Cheers,
-Gil