 Space / 22608
Re: 6974 Delta-4 Space Center
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sun, 6 Apr 2003 00:37:05 GMT

Ooh, very nostalgic Classic Space. I love the way you did the landing pad-
the way the whole base looks like it's on a platform is very cool.  And the
double rocket launchers and base are both done very nicely.

Oh, and the little ship rocks.

I've always wondered how those Classic Space guys lived with their walls
wide open...

:)

-JHK

In lugnet.announce.moc, Dave Lovelace writes:
I haven't built anything in a while, nor have I ever made a gallery at
brickshelf.  But I had a dream about this thing last night, and had to take
the day to build it and upload it:

Features:  sliding twin-rocket pad, suspended launch pad, LL-914 craft, car,
radar towers, the works.  Also, a surprise "wow-man" functionality that I'll
leave for the pictures!

I would die a happy man if something I designed (something like this!) could
be produced as a "My Own Creation" set to complement whatever Classic Space
Legend eventually comes out.  The 497/928 Galaxy Explorer is my number one
choice for re-release, and probably high up on most others' wish lists, too.
I built this Space Center to complement it, if that actually happened...

Absolutely no post-1980 parts were used, with possible exception to the blue
wing pieces in the launch pad.  But the molds existed, at any rate.

I realize there are a lot of factors preventing bona-fide Classic Space
parts being molded again.  So, I hand-built craters out of grey slopes and
macaronis, sidestepping the crater-plate re-molding issue.  I also made the
launch pad suspended, so Lego wouldn't have to worry about the Landing
Plate, either (besides, the clear-yellow platform was part of the dream!).
But I'm still hoping they can re-mold the classic helmet!  And maybe provide
a new "LL-914" imprinted 1x4 for the ship?

Let me know what you think, and please spotlight me so many others can see
it, too!  Thanks for looking.

--Dave (jot and jab)