 Space / 22315
Re: Photo's of first human foot steps on Mars!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sun, 23 Mar 2003 02:21:27 GMT

In lugnet.space, Andrew Saada writes:
Oh and what type of sticker/paint did you use on the large
trans-blue windscreen?

Andrew,

Thank you for the nice comments! I'm glad you and others have enjoyed my
"theme"!
I have to admit this was the first time I ever modified a brick! I did it
very hesitantly. The trans-blue windscreen was painted using a left over can
of spray paint. The Lander bay doors and tanks were covered in gold foil
from an Apollo Lunar Landing model. The ladder on the rover and radar dish
were painted with a metallic gold craft spray paint.  As far as the
stickers, I used an ink jet printer with some Avery transparent labels
(images courtesy of NASA!) Also I used some of my bricks from the original
Space Shuttle set (#1682). If you looked closely I used one tile on the wing
of the crew recovery vehicle and one "NASA" brick on the front of the small
rover!

I have to admit that the "theme" is not quite complete. I am working on the
upper stage and crew quarters for the mars transfer ship. This would include
a rotating "ring" section similar to ones found in 2001 and also in Mission
to Mars.

Cheers!

John