 Space / 21833
Re: WOW, a pre-Classic Space genre mecha found on B-shelf
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 4 Mar 2003 08:07:51 GMT

You should have cross posted to build.mecha, we won't bite! We are the
experts here remember.

1) Does anyone know how the back foot (horizontal) clips are attached

http://pj-planet.cside.com/legoplanet/image/prototype2_50p/prototype2_09_50p.jpg

Knock yourself out. This was the prototype Jun made for the Kudryavka.
Here's the main gallery for more pics too.

http://pj-planet.cside.com/legoplanet/pazill/prototype2.htm

2) Do ya know where those dark grey hinge plates come from?

No clue. But I bet you find them on http://www.bricklink.com though.

3a) Finally, do you think the hinge 'door' of the 'safe/mailbox' in this
picture could be placed in the front and used as a visor.

Possibly if you can figure out where and what to do with that that bulky
box. Everthing on hardsuits mechs have to be there for a purpose and they
have to be small. The major challange of any small mecha designer is to get
the most posablity with the smallest package.

3b) If not, anyone have another idea for a visor here. In Classic Space there >were no designs with solely opaque canopies, and I would take that to mean >PCS must not have had any either?

Chris started the PCS and all his stuff is SOLEY trans clear, not smoke. I
would stick to that.

3c) Furthermore, how about the function for this guy?  I just think it would >fit PCS well.

You need a mobile platform on planets and moons that have a higher
gravitational pull then Earth that could turn a human skeleton into jell-o.
You create super robust humanoid mechs with negative gravational fields in
the cockpits to get you around.

++From your previous post++
"Does anyone know if that "Virtues" mech suit is from anything?"

http://home.att.net/~mak3000/mdls.html

Maschinen Krieger. A FREAKING AWESOME series of small hardsuit models that
have been constantly made since the 80's. They are a retro-future,
industrialist view of mecha technologly that clashes with the fancy better
known mecha of the genre. Jun Nishizawa and Hiroki Nakanishi seem to work in
simmilar styles if you look here...

There you go. I think I suffiently answered all mecha questions. You ought
to stop into build.mecha more often and give some 'big-ups' to me and my
'peeps' and see what we have brewing.

out
Tony Knaak
http://www.ozbricks.com/legostuff/index.html