 Space / 21830
Re: WOW, a pre-Classic Space genre mecha found on B-shelf
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 4 Mar 2003 06:35:34 GMT

In lugnet.space, Chris Giddens writes:
Hey spacers, • [snip]
WOW, PCS colors and style. [...] Anyone up to buildin it?
KEEPIN' IT PCS!
[snip]

Hey all,

Well it's kinda late but this mech has sparked my interest and I had some
questions that I wanted to have viewable for in the morning.  In my other
post I did say I would attempt a similar mech if I could find the right
pieces in the "right" colors, and I did do some searching (not much
available), but this post has to do more with the mech itself anyway.
So...1) Does anyone know how the back foot (horizontal) clips are attached
in this picture??  http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=335160
Or if they're attached at all?
2) Do ya know where those dark grey hinge plates come from?  Well, after
peering on ;-) I found out they've only been made in 2 sets: Sopwith Camel
and the Excavation Searcher (http://guide.lugnet.com/set/7316)--16 pairs!!
So...as is stated in the review: Ray Sanders: "chanting... hinge-plates
service pack, hinge-plates service pack ;)"  Boy do I wish TRU had
clearances like Target.  (Anyone know where this can be found cheap???)
3) Finally, do you think the hinge 'door' of the 'safe/mailbox' in this
picture (diff mech) http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=326143
could be placed in the front and used as a visor (it comes in smoke in the
AT Deep Sea Mech)?  If not, anyone have another idea for a visor here (since
in Classic Space there were no designs with solely opaque canopies, and I
would take that to mean PCS must not have had any either)??  Furthermore,
how about the function for this guy?  I just think it would fit PCS well.
Oh, (just a thought): there still would not be a "clear" view, but using 1x1
smoke tiles to replace that 1x2 tile in front might be sufficient.  Let me
know whatcha think and your ideas.

ciao&salaam
-Andrew