 Space / 21699
Re: My Airlock
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.space, lugnet.admin.nntp
Date:
Fri, 28 Feb 2003 18:47:53 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Anders Isaksson writes:
"Marlon Smith" <X_LR8R@hotmail.com> skrev i meddelandet

It is probably common for an "=" sign to be followed by the "3D" symbols on
the web >interface when the post originates in Outlook Express (just
guessing).
I think it also adds "=20" after "--" in such a post.

The '=3D' is an encoding of '=', '=20' is ' '. Somewhere in the
transfer/quoting chain the information that the text is encoded has
disappeared.

Marlons initial post:

So I'd say it's Tim's newsreader that errors on the encoding...

I'm using the web interface for LUGNET, with MSIE 5.0. It displayed the link
like that in Marlon's original post too -
http://news.lugnet.com/cad/?n=9501. Clicking on the link
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=3D35441 for me reaches Kevin
Loch's pictures of Mindfest.

-Tim