 Space / 21060
Re: Can't we all just get along?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 7 Feb 2003 04:22:44 GMT

In lugnet.space, John Henry Kruer writes:
That is very cool.  Like Allister said, even though I wasn't around to get
any, this still brings back nostalgic feelings.  (what of?  My explorian
sets?  :) )

Exploriens was the last of the really cool space themes, and I loved it from
the moment I spotted it because it looks just like round 2 of classic space.

But anyway, I really like the way you 'space-a-fied' that train engine.  The
high speed train set was one I always liked a lot, and you've captured the
essence of it yet mixed it with classic space.

That engine was crying out for that treatment.  I think I might have built
one (very vaguely) like it in 1979 or so (to run on blue 4.5v track, and the
color scheme must have been atrocious) but my big brothers made fun of me
for it because it didn't look anything like a train!

I like the airlocks and the rotating sensor thing.

And the launching probe ship and opened classic space base-on-a-train is
really great, too.  A good mix between humor and technique.

Thanks!  It doesn't make a whole lot of sense, but that was a staple set
type for many years.  It makes even less sense on a train, but hey- that's
the point!

Very nice... glad to see you've risen out of the dead!

Heh- yes, I come and go but have been fairly out of touch for a while.  I'll
probably slip back into the bushes soon, but I'll be back again.

--
Tony Hafner
www.hafhead.com

In lugnet.announce.moc, Tony Hafner writes:
aw, heck...
http://www.hafhead.com/lego/myspace/cstrain