 Space / 20913
20912  |  20914
Subject:
CAD monkey for hire [was Re: CAD instructions for hover car]
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sun, 2 Feb 2003 22:42:23 GMT

Firtst, thanks to all those that commented.

It's only a fairly simple little model - nowhere near the league of most
stuff posted here - but it's simplicity lended itself well to making
rendered instructions. Despite the simplicity it took more hours than I care
to recall to create. I think I've ironed out a lot of the bugs, so future
instructions shouldn't take as long, or I can tackle more complicated ones.

The BI instructions portal is a great idea, but it needs input. It seems
only a few spacers have posted anything there, which is why I'm offering to
make instructions for people. Even if you don't have or can't create an
ldraw model, if you have enough photos showing how your model is built I
should be able to put something together. Jon,, if you're reading this, I'd
particularly like to have a go at some of your Star Wars alphabet models.

Anyway, it's something to bear in mind. There's no better way of sharing
construction techniques and ideas than with a set of instructions. Let's
flood the Space folder on the Portal.

Cheers,
Allister

In lugnet.space, Kevin Blocksidge writes:
In lugnet.space, Allister McLaren writes:

http://www.bricksonthebrain.com/instructions/main.cfm?cat=26

Very cool.  I saw this before, but I didn't have time to reply then.  The
instructions are excellent.  The car's design is very unique.  I wish more
people posted intructions like these.  Sometimes the construction is the most
interesting part, and this is no exception!

~Kevin Blocksidge~
http://www.lugnet.com/~1763/