 Space / 20703
Re: some teasers
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 27 Jan 2003 14:10:48 GMT

That's a really original ship in the making, Thomas.  I quite like the look
of the reactor section - expanding the circumference of the cylinder with
the slopes makes the shape a little more beefy.  The wheel within a wheel
looks great as well.

As Jon had said, the cyro chambers are wonderfully detailed and having them
on an angle keeps nicely with the shape of the ship.

Welcome (officially) to the Void...looking forward to the finished product!

Cheers,
-Gil

In lugnet.announce.moc, Thomas Jost writes:
hello all,

I've been lurking around here for quite some time now. One or the other of
you might have been contacted by me for questions or so...well, here I am

as I just can't wait until I'm done with what I've been building now for
quite a time, I'm gonna show you some teasers...

It's a long range hunting corvette with a crew of four.

Here you see the ship in almost its full length - only the main bow-sensors
aren't there at the moment.
http://tom.duebi.ch/yappa/index.php?album=%2FLego%2FTeasers&image=0&

In this picture you have the engine and the main reactor. You also see the
small comm-tower above the reactor-core. The red part at the front is the
connection to the main section of the ship - you won't see this when the
whole thing is stuck together.
http://tom.duebi.ch/yappa/index.php?album=%2FLego%2FTeasers&image=1&

Here you see what I have of the cockpit at moment. I'm a little proud of the
windows... ;-) More details of the interior will follow...In the background
you also have the reactor again.
http://tom.duebi.ch/yappa/index.php?album=%2FLego%2FTeasers&image=2&

And finally, here we are in the very front section of the ship in the
sleeping-cabin. Each of the crewmembers has got his own deepsleep-module to
get even through very long range hunting-missions.
http://tom.duebi.ch/yappa/index.php?album=%2FLego%2FTeasers&image=2&

OK, that's what I've got to show you for the moment. Please feel free to
look around my photoalbum to see some other models I've built.

Warm regards from Switzerland