 Space / 20661
Re: New species of Fleebnork discovered; efficient fuel source
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sun, 26 Jan 2003 05:19:55 GMT

In lugnet.space, Jon Palmer writes:
Yo.  First of all I wanna say I really dig the idea of a new Fleebnork
species used for fuel. This is a great idea to further along the Fleebnork
mythos.  I have these guys in orange and I have those trans orange bricks so
this comes in handy.  I guarantee I'll use this fuel source for an upcoming
project. (And I'm currently reprogramming some of my bots as harvesters
instead of killers.) :-)

Now with the geeking.  I personally think even 1,000,000 miles per medium
recepticle is not very much.  Consider that the distance to the sun from
earth is about 92,000,000 miles (1 AU).  Now considering that you say these
middle sized recepticles are used for the Spiffco ships, IMO, its still not
gonna get them very far.  To me all of these ships (probably obviously but
its nice as a reminder) should copy the feel of the OG ship from Calvin and
Hobbes.  This ship could travel across the galaxy (universe?) exploring
strange planets (and crash on them) and so on, and you know Calvin didn't
have room for spares in that thing.

Why not have the recepticles last a length of time? (Under normal use) Like
a year or something?

My 2 (geeky) ¢

-Jon

I agree; from the proccessing pics, it appears that the Fleebnork is condensed
down to the cemichal in some sort of crystaline lattice (block) form.  This
form could either be the power source, or could be used to direct fusion or
matter/antimatter plasma like dilithium crystals from Star Trek.  actually
since Lego Space is probably more advanced, the Fleebinium © :) lattice could
possibly amplify the plasma energy via some frequency resonance quantum effect
as of yet only discovered by Lego science.

Jeff's more geeky 2¢