 Space / 13694
Re: New species of Fleebnork discovered; efficient fuel source
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sun, 7 Apr 2002 02:55:34 GMT

"Xcalabur" <Xcalabur@rocketmail.com> wrote in message
http://xcalabur.topcities.com/spacecraft/fleebnork.html

With a range of only 1000 miles, I don't think you're going to displace
spamcake drive just yet. :^)

Uhh...1000?  Who said anything about 1000?  Don't you mean 1,000,000? :-)

-Chris

Yo.  First of all I wanna say I really dig the idea of a new Fleebnork
species used for fuel. This is a great idea to further along the Fleebnork
mythos.  I have these guys in orange and I have those trans orange bricks so
this comes in handy.  I guarantee I'll use this fuel source for an upcoming
project. (And I'm currently reprogramming some of my bots as harvesters
instead of killers.) :-)

Now with the geeking.  I personally think even 1,000,000 miles per medium
recepticle is not very much.  Consider that the distance to the sun from
earth is about 92,000,000 miles (1 AU).  Now considering that you say these
middle sized recepticles are used for the Spiffco ships, IMO, its still not
gonna get them very far.  To me all of these ships (probably obviously but
its nice as a reminder) should copy the feel of the OG ship from Calvin and
Hobbes.  This ship could travel across the galaxy (universe?) exploring
strange planets (and crash on them) and so on, and you know Calvin didn't
have room for spares in that thing.

Why not have the recepticles last a length of time? (Under normal use) Like
a year or something?

My 2 (geeky) ¢

-Jon