 Space / 19731
    A few comments on decorated pieces —David Simmons
   Hey all, The piece I'm talking about actually comes from an Alpha Team set, but I think it applies to Space since Lego is supposed to be about "flexibility." This principle is what I take umbrage with, since TLG does not seem to be applying it with (...) (22 years ago, 1-Jan-03, to lugnet.space)

        Re: A few comments on decorated pieces —Soren Roberts
     (...) How can I argue with this? All I can say is that you would be well served to go buy a can of Brasso somewhere, and strip that crap off. (22 years ago, 1-Jan-03, to lugnet.space)

        Re: A few comments on decorated pieces —Tim Courtney
     (...) [snip] (...) Hi Dave - One word, "Brasso." Cleans the decorations right off. :-) -Tim (22 years ago, 1-Jan-03, to lugnet.space)

         Re: A few comments on decorated pieces —Richard Marchetti
     (...) On trans-elements, use of Brasso leaves the element slightly cloudy. On those printed 2x2 slopes, printing gets into the crevice running along the sides of the element and is not at all easy to get off even using Brasso. -- Hop-Frog (21 years ago, 2-Jan-03, to lugnet.space)

         Re: A few comments on decorated pieces —Tim Courtney
     (...) Yep, I've run into both issues. A friend found a plastic polish that doesn't leave trans elements cloudy, but I forget the name of it. It was in a silver bag, and the polish was soaked into a piece of cloth. Other than that, it works like a (...) (21 years ago, 2-Jan-03, to lugnet.space)

         Re: A few comments on decorated pieces —Richard Marchetti
     (...) Does it smell sorta like vanilla? I think I know this product, but I can't remember the name either... -- Hop-Frog (21 years ago, 2-Jan-03, to lugnet.space)

        Re: A few comments on decorated pieces —David Simmons
   I have used Brasso in the past. It worked quite well on the large trans-green UFO saucer sections in the Arachnoid Star Base. The thing is, Richard is right. Brasso has its limitations. If TLG implemented better design in their decoration, we (...) (21 years ago, 2-Jan-03, to lugnet.space)

        Re: A few comments on decorated pieces —Duane Hess
   So, is your gripe the fact that TLC uses paint to decorate elements, or that TLC decorates elements for themes that don't quite match you building style? I tend to keep all decorated pieces just the way they are. Sure, they might not get used that (...) (21 years ago, 2-Jan-03, to lugnet.space)

        Re: A few comments on decorated pieces —David Simmons
   My gripe, as I said in my original post, is that TLG uses paint to decorate elements that severely limits their usage outside of that theme. Hence, they don't get used that much, if at all. It just seems a shame to limit the flexibility of some of (...) (21 years ago, 2-Jan-03, to lugnet.space)