 Space / 19379
Re: Starship Hatch
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 18 Dec 2002 22:48:16 GMT

Ooo. Very nice. I've been casually pondering how to make a door with a
similar opening action, but all my ideas turned out far too bulky. Yours is
a compact and very elegant design. I think I can find a use for it. If I
wore a hat, I'd be tipping it to you - well done.

thank you, when I started I really wanted to avoid it becoming to
bulky.  although a bulky version might be useful for some models..  Might
look at that

The possibilies for variations are interesting too. In more cramped spaces
you could have a single door. On crowded walls you could probably even make
one that opens upwards. the downside is that now I have to wait all day
until I get home to my bricks to play around with it.

The first one I built was a single door.  but I wanted to make it wider for
an entry hatch.  The idea of it opening up and/or down would mean you could
build a much wider door.  I like the way you think.
Yeah, waiting to get home, isn't always the way that the best ideas come
when you are not with your Lego.  Ah well, after the 8 hours of work you'll
have the 8 hours of recuperation. Lots of Lego time in there.  mine usually
cuts into the 8 hours of rest too.....

Trav (-|-)