 Space / 19325
Re: Colony started on Mars
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 17 Dec 2002 16:33:19 GMT

In lugnet.space, Allan Bedford writes:
In other shots, it takes on the true 'red' of the red planet.  This is still
one of my all-time favorite shots of Mars:

http://mars.jpl.nasa.gov/gallery/martianterrain/PIA00563.html

There's something creepy and foreboding about that pic.

I agree. But if someone gave me a ticket, I'd move there tomorrow.

What about the dark orange/burnt orange color that shows up in the front of
Yoda.... presumably a small cloak under his other tan cloak.  That's a very
soft brown orange color.  It's still really not red enough to be the rust
color of Mars, but it's getting there.

I was planning on using the burnt orange in Yoda for shadows and boulders
when I get around to building Olympus Mons, the largest volcano in the solar
system.

No matter what color it's done in I love all the activity in this model.  It
looks like there's a lot going on in just the space of that one baseplate.
Well done!

All the best,
Allan B.

Thank you, and thanks for the photo reference links too.
Aaron