 Space / 18925
Re: Lame Parts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.build.contests
Date:
Fri, 15 Nov 2002 14:27:32 GMT

In lugnet.space, Allister McLaren writes:
Hi all,

I'm planning on sponsoring a little spaceship building contest, but before I
do I'd like a little input from your good selves.

The idea of the contest has been brewing in my mind for a few weeks now, but
Tony's brilliant use of the cannon base on the Stalefish has prompted me
into action.

The contest is to find the best use for non-space parts in a spaceship
design. I hold the contention that any part can be used on a spaceship, and
this contest sets out to prove it. So what I want from you is a list of
'unuseable' parts that I can base the competition around. Once I get a dozen
or so I'll put up a poll and use the top five or six. I'll describe the
contest in more detail once the results of the poll are in. I'd like to get
it started in the next week or so, so hopefully I can gather enough data
before then.

Anyway here's a few parts that immediately spring to mind:
palm leaves (well, any sort of foliage really)
row boats
horse saddle
cannon bases (despite Tony's inspired use of them)

please add some more.

I'd say things like the weirder Bionicle pieces such as the body armor from
the new Bionicle Nuva, or the backpacks from the bohrok, but I've already
used them in a couple of my creations.

How about these:

Bionicle Toa bodies
Throwbot disks
those fancy white light pole looking pieces
road signs
any of the dinosaurs
spider webs
Jack Stone figs