 Space / 1870
Re: My starship update (very small)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 12 Apr 2000 13:58:56 GMT

In lugnet.space, Jon Palmer writes:

   I added 2 large pictures of 2 very small helper robots on my page.
These are some of a planned 5 or so types of robots that will scurry,
crawl, roll and hover about the inside and outside of my ship when
it's done. I'm going to make little compartments and nooks for these
guys on the outside and inside of Bardiel.

I love the four legged guy. So simple, yet it works so well. I may throw the
design up on my page (with proper credit of course).

  The four legged guy will probably work on hull repair and parasite
control. I'm not quite sure what the flyer will do (ideas?) yet but
he'll work on the inside and outside.

It could be a hull recon robot, scouting out space paracites and hull damage.
Seems to me that it's shape looks stealthy, like it would be searching for
something.

  I'll  even have portals or entrances specifically for the robots
who go in and out of the ship.

You could try Bram's design if you don't already have on in mind...
http://www.lugnet.com/cad/dat/ideas/?n=84

  I've actually done quite a bit more to the ship but do not have a
camera right now to post pictures. I did find these 2 pictures however
and thought I'd put them up.

   http://www.geocities.com/legotiel/Bardiel.html

All I found at this link was the Webring links. Try here:

http://www.geocities.com/legotiel/Bardiel_main.html

(sorry, I hacked a little)

   main page under Construction pictures

   I know this isn't much of an update but please let me know what
you think.

  Jon.

-Duane