 Space / 18270
Re: Modular Pod Technology
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 11 Oct 2002 12:22:54 GMT

In lugnet.space, Andrew Martin writes:
Once I saw Chris Maddison's Osprey Podfighter and Joe Meno's comment about
mission-specific add-ons, I started thinking of various things that could be
attached to a pod.  So here's a new pod and three modules for it.  They're
all at:
http://web.ics.purdue.edu/~martinam/MartianDesign/ModPod.htm

The first mod is for spying and collecting data.  It's pretty small and simple.

I like it- it fits its job nicely.  All those things sticking out are great.

The second is a personnel carrier.  I used rounded corners to try to make it
look appropriate for attaching to a pod.  It has the same kind of sockets in
the back as the pod does, so it can be part of a chain of modules.

That is really a cool idea.  A pod- the semi truck of the future! :)
Though you know what would be really cool?  If you had two pods back-to-back
with a module in between them.

The third is a bomber that two pods attach to.  I guess we just saw one of
those, but oh well.  They were fun to make.  I've got plans for at least a
few more, too.

Hey, that's neat, too!  I like the idea.  If I had some more of those 8X8
dishes, and a little more money, I would make one.

-Andrew
http://web.ics.purdue.edu/~martinam/MartianDesign/

Great designs!  They really show off the possibilities of the pod.

-JHK