 Space / 18251
Re: New MOC- The Nightshadow
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 10 Oct 2002 23:04:50 GMT

In lugnet.space, John P. Henderson writes:

Dude!  And you said (a while back) that you wouldn't have any good pics of
any good MOCs posted online.

Well, things have changed!  :)  I guess all the begging to my dad paid off...

I think that is one of the coolest looking
little personal craft I have seen in a while.  The sleek angles and wings
match my image of what a space-car should be.  That is, in my universe
personal space vehicles should have influence from the lines and styles of
Classic Space, Futuron, or SP1.  Spiffcraft are great comic relief (due to
their origin), and the Pods are mini-techinical wonders, but also not quite
what I picture lunar colonists using to commute to work or to weekend at
scenic craters.

Thanks!  Yeah, I would agree about the spiffcraft and pods- while wonders of
Lego imagination, they would not be very practicle.  Though look who's
talking, my ship can only hold one man!  :)

And the model is the perfect size that it could be an affordable set if
reproduced.  I'd love to see a set like this used for the MOC line from TLC
(imagine an inexpensive Space set made available!).  ...It would be even
cooler if produced in variant colors, so lunar colonies (or Moonbases!)
could have a variety of choice for minifigs.  Since TLC's involvement is
unlikely, I'd love to see instructions and parts needed listed somewhere...

Isn't that every builder's dream!  Not to mention the money I could make...
If I had enough money, I would try to sell it as a custom kit.  But alas, I
don't. (Snaps out of reverie)  I might make instructions later... thanks
goodness for Teacher Planning Days!

The extra details (like the trunk!) are bonuses.

Great job!
-Hendo

Thanks for the very long and detailed response!  Responses like this really
encourage me.

Thank you again!
-JHK