 Space / 1796
Re: Sneak peek of my Blacktron site
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 19 Jan 2000 17:12:22 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Pat,

I used the technic steering assembly found an many cheaper Technic models. • It
did take up a good sized chunk of floor space, but it looks cool as a • sterring
assenbly and drive unit.  The APC can fit 5 minifigs plus the driver (6 in • the
back if they all stand in a weird arrangment.  The cockpit was one of the
trickiest things to do and it took me several tries to get it right.  What • I
like most about it is the large grenade launching array in the back. • Maybe it
should be a Anti-Personel Carrier. :)

Heh heh! Alright, just the standard rack and pinion then. I have a war going
with the Blacktron Empire, run by James Davis, and I have a lot of plans for
two different types of APC's (I am running the ADF, which is a combination
of Classic Space and Futuron) One would be a standard low clearance type,
like yours, and a all terrain kind, which will have a suspension system, and
even steering, if I can figure that out. I think I might need some more
TECHNIC sets, however.

I really like how your dropship incorporates the APC as well. I have plans
for a dropship as well, but it might change a little now. I had plans to do
a Starship Troopers type, but it seems very bulky, I liek your streamlined
version instead. Keep up the great work, I know I am inspired! : )

Scott S.

P.S. Here are a few links:

Main Minifig Universe page:
http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Station/3372/minifig-universe.html
Blacktron Page:
http://surf.to/blacktron

(I really need to work on the webpage, I will soon! )

--
Scott E. Sanburn
Systems Administrator-Affiliated Engineers -> http://www.aeieng.com