 Space / 17912
Re: Two great tastes that taste great together
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 27 Sep 2002 15:42:02 GMT

In lugnet.space, Gil Shaw writes:
Ah!  The tendrills of the podfrenzy have breached the defenses of Drake
Galactic Keep!

Makes it sounds like a disease.  Oh no, I've got poditis!

And with beautiful results...looks amazing Adrian.  A few years back, I was
reading an article about bike 'speed gangs' in Japan.  I was expecting
sleek, bullet-esque Kawasakis with Akira overtones.  Instead, these gangs
had these bizarre bikes with huge fenders sticking 4 feet on a diagonal off
the back seat, matching farings and an assortment of do-das and such jutting
out.

When I saw the vanes coming out of the PodCycle, I was immediately reminded
of said bikes.

I'd love to see pictures of these bikes.  I'd bet they'd be great
inspirations for my TurboCycle series.  When I was building this model, I
had an expanse of emptiness on the top of the back wheel.  I didn't really
know what to stick there, so I figured big mecha-esque protruberances work
as good as anything :)  Glad you like.

Adrian
--
www.brickfrenzy.com

A bit of a ramble...apologies.

-G

In lugnet.announce.moc, Adrian Drake writes:
I tried to avoid this.  Really, I did.  But everybody kept making really
cool MOC's using the concept, and in a fit of creativity, I caved.  At least
I kept it in my Turbocycle family.  Well, enough babbling, the PodCycle's on
the ground page.

Cheers
Adrian
--