 Space / 17769
Re: What classifies as 'My Own Creation?'
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 23 Sep 2002 22:13:39 GMT

"Jesse Alan Long" <kiraya_malzant@yahoo.com> writes:
Well, anyway, I already knew that what we do in here and what we consider a
My Own Creation applies to any LEGO model that is not a standard LEGO set
but thank you for informing me anyway, Larry.  What I was asking was if the
same rules applied to the My Own Creation genre of LEGO itself?  Well, I
will be watching Tomorrow Never Dies and thinking of anime and manga along
with some nifty little LEGO space craft.

Well, LEGO's "My Own Creation" line consists only of the Blacksmith
Shop and the new Super Chief cars.  So it's not a very well-developed
product line.  But I think the criteria is "an official LEGO set that
was designed by someone outside of LEGO."  If you're hoping to be one
of those designers, there isn't anything you can do to make that
happen - it's very much a "don't call us, we'll call you" policy.

--Bill.

"Beware the leader who bangs the drums of war in order to whip the citizenry
into a patriotic fervour, for patriotism is indeed a double-edged sword."
        - Julius Caesar